[TenTec] GFI Problems

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Tue Dec 14 19:05:09 EST 2004

Heaven's!!! Maybe I'm doing SOMETHING right? I run 600 feet of 4"
spaced open wire feedline out to my 80m dipole. The feeders come in
through the eve's of the house, across about six feet in the attic,
down through the ceiling, down about 4" away from the wall, and
attaches to my Johnson KW Match box. I run an Omni 6 Plus, driving a
Titan 3. Most of the time, rag chewing with about 600 w out, and
DX'ng on all bands, except 160m and 30m, with 1400 watts out.

Located in the wall is the electrical feed to a GFI located in the
bathroom, next to my operating desk. That GFI has never tripped yet!

Right below (about 5') the point where my feeders enter the eve's,
is another GFI for my pool pump. This GFI trips when we have those
infamous south Georgia thunderstorm and get a lightning hit within 5
miles from here, but it too, has never been tripped by RF.

Think I'll leave well-enough, alone!

Tom - W4BQF

"So you have enemies?
Good.
That means you have stood up for something,
sometime in your life."
--Sir Winston Churchill--