[TenTec] GFI Problems

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Dec 14 17:27:12 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:24:39 -0500, Chuck Secrest wrote:

>In the end the only way I found to solve the problem
>was to replace the GFI with a standard circuit.

When I fired up my Titan, I had a problem with one GFI in my bathroom and
another in the kitchen. The one in the bathroom actually failed, so I changed
it out and now it's fine. The one in the kitchen was causing the clock in the
microwave connected to it to reset. I fixed that one with a 0.01uF from line
(hot) to the outlet safety ground (green wire).

Both of these GFI's are within 25 ft of the 80/40 antenna, and the one in the
bathroom is about 15 below the end of my 20/15/10 dipole, but the wiring to
them is in grounded EMT conduit.

Jim Brown K9YC