[TenTec] Paragon memories

Jim Weisz k2np at lycos.com
Sat Dec 18 12:58:59 EST 2004

Greetings all..
  Im sure this is a topic that has been covered before on the list, but being a newcomer to the group, I would like to ask.. I have recently bought a nice "late model" Paragon 1, (ver. 4.0),with the 3 optional filters, and think it is just about the greatest CW rig ever made... a real joy to operate..
   The only real problem I have had is that the memories were lost after only about 4 days of not using the rig.. I replaced the 9v. NiMh. batt, and ran the radio for several days to be sure the batt. would charge up.. If I were not to use the rig for 2 days or so, the memories would still be retained.. but after about 4 days of inactivity they were lost.. Is this a normal circumstance with the Paragon?
   I have no optional boards in the radio except for the filters..    tnx.. 73.. Jim K2NP