[TenTec] Paragon memories

Phil Chambley, Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Sat Dec 18 13:46:06 EST 2004

A fully charged battery, or even a brand new one, will only last four or
five days.  The problem is that the mother board just draws too much
current.

You could put a 12 volt wall wart with a diode in series, in parallel with
the 13.8 DC to the rig and leave it on all the time.  I did this on mine for
a while and it worked OK.  I mostly use the Paragon II lately.

I think the Giehl chip is still available for the original Paragon.  Jack's
call is WB8BFS.

73
Phil Chambley, Sr.
K4DPK