[TenTec] Omni 6 sensitivity

David dns at cablespeed.com
Fri Dec 17 17:55:02 EST 2004

I just bought an Omni 6 and was surprised that in an a-b comparison with my Icom 751A it seemed noisier and less sensitive.  I expected just the opposite and was not prepared for these results.  I checked all the controls (and yes the attenuator was off) and everything is as it is supposed to be.  The rig is even noisy when the antenna is disconnected.  I'd heard it was a super quiet rig.  Anyone have any ideas.  I really like this rig, ergonomics, design, etc. and want to make it work for me, but if I can't, it's going back.

73,  Dave,  W7LVC