[TenTec] Titan II Amp Model 416 Questions

N5bbc at aol.com N5bbc at aol.com
Sat Dec 18 22:56:47 EST 2004

Hi Y'all   I have a like new Titan II amp. Do I need  to make any
modifications to improve the life or operation of this unit? Amp  will be used with
Alice's (N5ESK) Omni VI/3 and TT automatic antenna  matcher. She usually operates
SSB with occasional CW use.
  What is the availability of the 4CX1600b tube used in  this amp, I've heard
some conflicting reports but haven't really tried to locate  a spare. After
looking at the amp. spec's probably won't need  one.
 She has been using our old home-brew 4-1000 X2  passive grid amp but we are
moving our shack into a room inside the  house and don't have room for the old
monster,it didn't pass the "pretty  and matches the rest" test either. The
Titan II is our first store-bought  amp. BTW The TT automatic tuner held up very
well !!
 THANKS in advance  Ed  N5BBC