[TenTec] XLR Connector Info Needed

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Wed Dec 22 19:31:43 EST 2004

I bought a used dual cartridge Heil mike several months ago and it has
worked FB.  However, lately I received several bad audio reports that
seem to be associated with that mike.  I attempted to take the female
XLR connector apart in order to examine the solder connections, and
although the two lower screws were easily removed from the connector
housing, the top screw (closest to the socket) appears to be recessed
far into the hole and won't come out.  Is this normal?  Is there a
special technique required for disassembly?  Or is it verkecht?

I've never worked with these connectors before.  Please advise.

73 and happy holidays!

Joe
K2XX