[TenTec] Argonaut Users Group

Richard Arland richard.arland at verizon.net
Fri Dec 24 12:00:37 EST 2004

This group deals strictly with the ANALOG ARGONAUTS (Models 505, 509 & 515) and is open to anyone who is interested in these older classic QRP rigs. If Clark would get with Ed maybe we could post the mods and info he has on this group.

As for "The Argonaut 509 From Hell" I am still fighting the good fight. I was all set to button things up on Thursday and, on a whim, did a power output check and found I had good output on 80M, intermittant output on 40M, and NO OUTPUT on 20 &15M (10 is still dead.....all that is left to swap out are the switch wafers and I think I'll save that for some time in the Spring when I regain my sanity). After about 2 hours of prodding and poking, I found the feedthru on the side of the PTO case was intermittantly shorting out against the case. It had come loose and the rig would work upside down, but not right side up!! Now I have full output on 80 & 40M, about 900 mW out on 20 and 1.2 W out on 15M. I think I used too much DeOxit on the switch wafers! That is directly related to "operator headspace", what can I tell 'ya.

At any reat, I hope those of you who have a fondness for the Analog Argos will join us on the new Argonaut Users Group.

vy 73 es Happy Holidays

Rich K7SZ