[TenTec] IMD Measurements - Yaesu/Inrad vs Orion

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Dec 24 16:22:51 EST 2004

>>I can hear no clicks at all into my sidetone when using my G4ZPY straight
>>key !
>>

>Listen on another RX, not sidetone.

Yes. In many (perhaps most) rigs the side tone has very little relation
to the actual transmitted CW signal. It is only an audio oscillator (or
tone generation routine in a microprocessor) that gets keyed nearly
simultaneously with the real TX output. In many cases it will follow
high speed keying input very accurately even when the real RF output
dits and dahs are chopped short.

DE N6KB