[TenTec] Model 962 PS repaired!

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Sun Dec 26 18:31:01 EST 2004

Thanks to everyone who sent info and suggestions. It was interesting
that the bridge rectifier used in the 962 is rated at 25 amp while the
one used in the 960 is a 35 amp one. I could not find a part number on
my 961 schematic so not sure what value it uses.

Anyway I found the specifications for the bad bridge via a Google search
and then checked Radio Shack and the had two bridge rectifiers and one
is a drop in replacement for the bad one. Put some heat sink compound on
it and screwed it down and the push on connectors went right on and
every thing is working great. I will order a direct replacement from
Ten-Tec tomorrow.

If you ever need one in an emergency:
Radio Shack # 276-1185 Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier, 25A, $3.29 each

73,
Jerry, KG6TT