[TenTec] keying loops

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Mon Dec 27 15:53:53 EST 2004

Grant,

I have been touching base with Carl about this for a long time. It
is very strange that his and others, using an ACOM normally do not
have this problem when using the Orion. Some other's have told me
that with non-Ten Tec amps, the problem does not exist. The whole
thing is just strange. For instance, I ran my Titan 3 with my Omni
6, Omni 6 Plus, and my Icom IC-781 and never once had this problem.
If we guess about this, I think you would just have to look at the
Ten Tec amplifier face and the Orion interface do have some
conflicts. One other interesting thread is as Bob says, he had his
CPU/DSP board replaced in his Orion, mine was also replaced by TT at
one time.

At any rate, some progress is finally being made, thanks to W9GE
letting me know what he experienced back in the early part of the
year!!

73,

Tom - W4BQF