[TenTec] Argo 516 question

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Mon Dec 27 18:12:11 EST 2004

nz7c at cox.net wrote:

>I'm sure I am way behind the times on this, but apparently Ten Tec has indicated it will no longer strive to improve software on the Argo 516? Is the thought that the software has reached its peak and works quite well or has Ten Tec indicated that they may phase out the Argo? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
>73/NZ7C

Hmmm, well that is the same info I received when I questioned them
regarding Firmware upgrades to the Jupiter and the RX-350. Frankly I
don't consider either design refined enough but evidently Ten-Tec Sales
does and decisions like these are generally sales driven. I traded away
my Jupiter for the more functionally evolved Omni-VI+ and I will
probably trade/sale my RX-350 in the near future. I'm done with SDR for
now. Maybe I'll try them again in another five years or so.

Jerald, KG6TT