[TenTec] Argo 516 question

ron roncasa at verizon.net
Mon Dec 27 18:30:55 EST 2004

I DO NOT BELIEVE THE ARGONAUT V IS BEING "PHASED OUT". ITS ONE OF THEIR
POPULAR RADIOS. A PRODUCTION RUN WAS JUST COMPLETED END OF THIS SUMMER.

TT HAS INDICATED???

THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH ANOTHER VERSION TOGETHER WITH CIRCUIT MOD TO IMPROVE
THE RADIO!

I LOVE THIS ARGONAUT V.....THE RADIO ROCKS N ROLL IN DIGITAL AND CW MODES.

THE PBT AND BANDWIDTH AJUST IS FB. MY ONLY WISH IS THAT IT CAME WITH
AUTO-TUNER! (HEH HEH)

RON WB1HGA (because it's a Ten Tec!)

NZ7C WRITES:
I'm sure I am way behind the times on this, but apparently Ten Tec has
indicated it will no longer strive to improve software on the Argo 516? Is
the thought that the software has reached its peak and works quite well or
has Ten Tec indicated that they may phase out the Argo? Any info would be
appreciated. Thanks.
73/NZ7C