[TenTec] Decision Made/PRO III

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Tue Dec 28 05:45:48 EST 2004

Paul
The top waveform is the same thing you would see if you just hooked a scope
to your speaker. It shows amplitude vs. time.
The bottom display shows frequency vs. time. This is more revealing than the
former. Signals out of the passband are a result of distortion created by
the radio (in this case). It's something like a waterfall display you would
see on a PSK program only turned sideways. Note the cw tones are a solid
line which indicates a continuous frequency while the distortion produces
all kinds of offensive sounding racket.
 Actually my signals came from the low level audio outputs on each rig.
Steve N4LQ