[TenTec] Orion Threshold and RF Gain Settings

Barry N1EU n1eu at netscape.net
Tue Dec 28 17:07:46 EST 2004

It's based on experience.  Not sure what relationship you assume between a low value of the AGC Threshold menu setting and "DSP essentially turned to max".  It's been stated several times that the AGC Threshold menu setting merely sets the limit on how low the threshold goes when the RF Gain control is turned up toward maximum.

I'm bowing out of this thread.  Maybe an Orion AGC expert (I'm not one) can answer further questions  ..

73,
Barry N1EU