[TenTec] About the ACOM/Orion

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at tomorrowsweb.com
Wed Dec 29 09:31:55 EST 2004

I am very curious about the ongoing thread on the Orion and the ACOM.
(The ACOM is a high-end linear amplifier?) Please, would someone take a
moment and provide a brief summary of the ACOM, in particular what makes
it unique and attractive overall. There seems to be a number of Orion
owners who are using it.What do the errors refered to actually do?
Shutdown the amp? What do you do to clear them? Are they related to QSK
operation? Are these errors generated by an 'ACOM' preceived impedance
mismatch with the Orion, over-drive, T/R timing issue?

I am not about to offer any advice. Anything I would add would be
entirely theoretical and based on SOP troubleshooting and certainly
already tried numerous times. It would simply be more informative as an
interested party to have a more solid context for better
understanding.... and you never know there might be an ACOM/Orion
combination in my future too.

Have a great day!
Jerald, KG6TT