[TenTec] Ten Tec rig I'd like to have.

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Dec 31 10:40:26 EST 2004

K3UJ wrote:
 >I'd like to see a refined Jupiter with an Orion Rx. No spectrum display or
sub Rx.

         Amen, amen, amen...did I say AMEN?  A single RX with
Orion's front end would be a killer contest/DX rig in the
$2k range.  Sayonara 756 and MP.  Perhaps an old Omni VI
with Inrad's new 600 Hz roofing filter would be a good
substitute, and about the only rig I know of that I might
give up my Orion for.  Just wish the Omni VI family had
a way to set pitch control below 300 Hz.  That is one of
the few down sides I can see for a CW op, although I feel
Orion is probably a much better rig for SSB than the Omni.

         BTW, can someone tell me what the lowest Pitch
setting is on the Omni VI family?  Something about my ears
loves 240-270 Hz for very weak signals.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV