[TenTec] New Jupiter having trouble??

Kreinberg, David DKreinberg at necinfrontia.com
Fri Feb 6 01:31:19 EST 2004

Hello all,

I received my new Jupiter today. After playing around for a few
hours, I used the 'Sweep' feature. It worked normally at first,
but after using it a few times I noticed a problem.

When I turned the tuning knob, the sweep function would engauge
by itself. I tried different bands and setting different sweep
frequencies, but the rig kept going into sweep mode every time
I touched the tuning dial.

I gave up after about 20 minutes and did a microprocessor reset.
That seemed to get things right again. I'm hoping it was just
a fluke.

Has anybody run across this one before? BTW, the rig is brand
new and has the latest firware update.

Thanks for any insight.

73 de Dave, NR3E