[Orion] Re: [TenTec] Topband: BDR redux

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 08:49:40 EST 2004

> If I were given the opportunity to re-design the front panel of the
> Orion, it would be at least twice the size and have two complete
sets
> of knobs for both the main and sub-receivers including a lot of the
> menu items, like AGC.

The 7800 is sort of built that way -- but with concentric controls, and
that typical puny tuning knob for the second receiver.

But for about the same price, you could buy three Orions, rack and
stack them, and have three complete radios with separate knobs.
Come to think of it, you'd have 6 receivers, and three transmitters ..
that should be plenty :-)

Grant/NQ5T