OT - [TenTec] Orion diversity reception

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 7 14:34:31 EST 2004

K3BU wrote:
 >I didn't dare to pack it
in check in luggage for airport gorrillas to have fun with it. They open up
suitcases, unpack things and throw them back unpacked at their will.

         Yuri, I mentioned this on another reflector but will repeat it
here since you mentioned this.  It IS possible to request being
physically present when the inspection is done.  You may have to
wait awhile but it is possible since we did this on both legs
of a flight to NYC.  Just be sure you get to the airport in time
to allow for a bit of waiting.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I think the K2 would be my radio of choice for any expeditions,
even though it doesn't like my big hands and old eyes!