[TenTec] Jupiter trouble already??

David E Kreinberg jmkdek at juno.com
Fri Feb 6 01:11:15 EST 2004

Hello all,

I received my new Jupiter from TT yesterday. I'm hoping I haven't
discovered a problem already.

After about two hours of listening, playing, and pushing buttons, I
pressed the Sweep button. The sweep did its thing and displayed
like it should, However, when I turned the tuning knob, the rig would
go into sweep mode automatically again. I tried turning the knob several
times, and each time the rig would go into sweep.

I noticed this didn't matter what band or at what frequency size the
sweep
was set to (I set several different sweep sizes). After chasing this
around for
about 20 minutes, I resorted to a microprocessor reset.

I played around for about a half hour more and nothing weird happened
again. I'm
sure hoping this was just a fluke.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? BTW, the rig is brand new from the
factory with latest rev. firmware.

Thanks for an insight.

73 de Dave, NR3E