[TenTec] RIT/XIT Broken (was: RX/TX Broken in Orion Version 1.369?

Kip Glunt r5lul3j02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Feb 12 01:27:47 EST 2004

Sorry for all the confusion I created with the typo!

Yes Carl, I do a master reset after each install, even tried the "LCK"
button reset.  Downloaded the firmware again and compared the file with the
first one ... they're identical!  Ran the verify process several times and
it stops at line 9280 (9272 on Orion screen).

Attempted to re-install version 1.367 and found RIT still messed up.  It
wouldn’t verify either, stopped at line 9230 (9226 on Orion screen).
Changed serial cable and put version 1.369 back in.  No improvement.

As it looks at the moment, turning the RIT in one direction, the screen
shows it jumping from 0 to –10 (or +10) and back to 0.  Change the PBT/BW
step to 50 and the RIT jumps from 0 to 50.  PBT step set to 100, it jumps
from 0 to 100.  The “+” or “-“ indication appears to reverse when the RIT
knob is pushed in.  Same symptoms with XIT and sub-receiver.

 73's ... Kip

 - http://www.qsl.net/wb3afl/hamrlt.html
 - Collinsville Weather:
   http://www.qsl.net/wb3afl/wx/display.html