[TenTec] Re: Orion--black crepe--"This is the end my friend" etc.

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 20:11:24 EST 2004

A.  I was going to say Dave, that if this is your idea of private you'd
better cut up your credit cards, hi.

B.  Dave did what I was afraid someone would do after I sent that post to
the reflector--he took 6 Khz wide *receive* --remember, I _never_ said
anything about a 6 KHz wide transmission-- and assumed I was condoning a 6
kc wide tx.  While some hams do transmit that widely, and I have no problem
with that if there are no qsos nearby, a 3200 hz wide transmission can sound
excellent and is well below the bandwidth limits of modern transceivers such
as the new Ten Tecs.

Rob/K5UJ