[TenTec] Seriously OT: High Speed CW

jhgraves at gis.net jhgraves at gis.net
Fri Feb 13 13:21:34 EST 2004

Given the high level of concern for broadband SSB shown on the list
recently, I thought it resonable to make the following proposition.  As
we all know, the width of a CW signal increases as a function of the
switching speed.  Given that high speed CW is therefore occupying a
larger bandwidth that I at 5 wpm, should there not be some quiet corner
devoted solely to slow speed CW.  We could then operate quietly and
efficiently, and feel good about only occupying a proper amount of
bandwidth.

This is less radical than my original thought, which was to penalize
high speed CW operation by limiting the number of hours of operation as
afunction of speed.  The point could be made that the high speed
operator needs less time anyway.

Happy Friday 13th (with tongue firmly in cheek)

John
WB1EHL