[TenTec] Pegasus Erratic SWR readings

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 21:12:57 EST 2004

The Pegasus does not have over current protection and as such has a small
exposure to an overcurrent situation blowing the finals.  And this
overcurrent situation would most likely occur with a high SWR.   I added a
feature that allows you to set a maximum SWR (say 3 to 1) that once reached,
will drop the drive to the level you define (usually 50 watts).  Because of
your excellent analysis on the pegasus SWR computation, I have now modified
my algorithm slightly.  This change will be sent to everyone as Version 2.14
on March 1.  What I am now doing is reducing drive power when the reflected
power reaches the value that would have caused the threshold SWR to be
reached if you were running 100 watts.  In other words, I am just looking at
reflected power to make this decision rather than SWR.  This completely
solves the problem you described with SWR computation.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC