[TenTec] 6N2

Dave Sublette k4to at arrl.net
Sun Feb 15 14:56:52 EST 2004

for the record...I did intend this to go to all.  I had a 6N2. I found
the CW keying and SSB PTT arrangement very awkward, especially when
using it as an IF rig for other transverters. I had many conversations
with other users and they also found the arrangement very awkward. I
talked to Ten Tec and they acknowledged that the arrangement was at
least unique...if not awkward. I don't know if the keying circuit has
ever been redesigned. I had to build a separate switch box to go from
phone to CW. Fortunately, I was hit by lightning and the 6N2 totally
destroyed. My insurance helped pay for another brand of rig. I doubt
that I would ever use another 6N2 without the keying circuit being
redesigned. The basic send and receive function of the radio was fine.

K4TO