[TenTec] WTB Triton IV

NZ8J nz8j at woh.rr.com
Sun Feb 15 19:48:05 EST 2004

Hi Gil,
I have a Triton 540 that I would sell. It is in very nice condition with the
cw filter and extra 10 meter crystals. It has full power output. The PTO is
in good condition, it does not slip and the dial string doesn't sag when you
turn it to the left. However, it does sound scratchy like a volume control
from time to time. It doesn't affect the signal or warble like a normal pto
when it is going bad. It only does it occasionally and only when you turn
the pto, it will stop when you stop tuning it. then it might not do it for a
day or so. I was going to rebuild the pto just to take care of that problem,
but it was never serious enough to do it. Anyhow, I have the radio, power
cord, manual and an old generic hand mic for it. I would sell it for $165
plus shipping if you're interested.... It is all original with all original
knobs etc...
Thank
Tim
NZ8J