[TenTec] Problems with latest firmware download

Rick Westerman Rick at dj0ip.de
Mon Feb 16 07:12:22 EST 2004

J, Gud thinking thru the problem.

I had already placed the file in a dedicated folder and tried.
I shortened the file's name to 8 characters and tried to run it.
I get the exact same error message.

Apparently this ORIONU~1.cfg file is part of the installation
process for the update software.
Normally the user doesn't even see it.
I'm going to change its name to "Harvy" since I'm the only one
who is currently seeing it ;-)

I only have this problem on my ham computer (W98 SR2 + all
updates).
On my business computer (Windows 2000) the program extracts,
installs, and I can start the installation.
However I get an error message "can't communicate with the
radio".

I'm away all day today.  Tonight I'll measure the two cables I
tried.  Maybe they're both null modem cables.  I haven't used
anything on Serial for at least 5 years and can't remember what
the cables were.

Thanks for the help.

Rick