[TenTec] Omni VI Noise Blanker

Bill NY9H ny9h at arrl.net
Mon Feb 16 09:23:09 EST 2004

Mark,
Usually my NB has an effect on powerline noise. Rarely it has NO effect on
powerline noise. Depends on the pulse.  My Icom 756P2 nicely portrays the
noise on the Bandscope... very easily identifiable as line noise,
repetitive , wideband etc.  The NB on the 6+ always can do a better job on
this than the Icom.
If you have a beam, swing it around to change the level of the noise,
sometimes if I can attenuate the noise a little it becomes manageable.

good luck. I just had a three month thing with ComEd here. They finally got
the noise fixed ...6 houses west of me.

The noise blankers  on my icoms/elecrafts & tentecs  do not get rid of the
noise created by my neighbor from Either her treadmill or her TV set....
the treadmill hits 10-80...( as does ours )  andfthe TV put a wideband
noise across all of  20 meters.

  bill