[TenTec] Omni VI Noise Blanker

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Mon Feb 16 10:35:57 EST 2004

Carl,

Thanks. The hair dryer did the trick.  The NB definitely knocked out that
noise.

Upon further investigation, the NB did reduce the powerline noise a little.
I think I'm used to the NB on my old Icom 756. The effect was much more
noticeable on similar powerline noise at the old QTH (as I recall, it's been
three years).  Maybe this is normal operation for a TT NB, but it seems that
it works better when there is a non-noise signal present.  When the band is
quiet and just noise, the NB doesn't seem to have much effect.  With a
signal present, it does reduce the noise present in the background.  At
least that's the case with the powerline noise.

73,
Mark