[TenTec] WIDEBAND

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:15:02 EST 2004

<<<SSB WAS DESIGNED TO BE A NARROW BAND WIDTH MODE OF TRANSMISSION. IF YOU
HAVE
THE NEED TO BE "WIDE" THEN OPERATE AM OR FM>>>

What a great idea--I can feed the balanced modulator on my TS-850 directly
and generate low level AM at near 95% modulation, drive my Centurion to
about 250 w. carrier and wind up with excellent 6 KHz wide AM that is almost
indistinguishable from the good old plate modulated type.  And here I was
messing around with 3200 hz wide SSB.   Now I can really hog up the band.
Thanks for the tip!!

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ