[TenTec] OMNI C used as IF for VHF Transverters

Mark Toussaint n1mt at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 10:21:18 EST 2004

Back about 1 year ago, while reading a similar thread
on the quiet receive of the Omni C (no phase noise,
single conversion, etc..), I decided to pick one up
and interface it with my Down East Microwave
transverters for 50 & 144 Mhz. Let me tell you, what a
nice combination. Over the past year, I've had that
set-up next to other 50 & 144 mhz rigs (ic-756 & 746,
ft-736, ft-625rd & 225rd, ic-271, tr-6) and none have
even come close on weak signal receive. For those of
you who have interest in doing weak signal work on
VHF, give this set-up a try.

I was so impressed with the OMNI C, that about 4
months ago I purchased another to use as my primary HF
/ CW rig. I ended up selling my ft-1000mp because it
was just sitting, collecting dust. Don't get me wrong,
the 1000mp had some strong points, but for the money,
there was no comparison

73, Mark
N1MT