[TenTec] Orion spot ?

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Thu Feb 19 15:03:19 EST 2004

Richard Detweiler wrote:

> for the Spot button,  I see that it sets the side tone as well as the
> frequence offset, For CW, I want to be sure that if I'm receiving a tone at
> the same audio tone as the spot, then will the person hearing my signal on
> the other end hear me at the same tone as his 'spot' offset as well?

This ensures that you transmit exactly on his frequency.
That normally means that he hears you at the same tone as his sidetone.

> When the optional filters are set to enable:no, Are the "Optional" filters
> 'automatically' selected as the BW is adjusted?  Does enabling the filter
> set it to Always on?  What happens when more than one are enabled?

Filters that are not enabled will never be used.
Out of those which are enabled, system will select
the narrowest applicable one (if "Auto"), or you can
select one of them manually.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN