[TenTec] Old Vs. New Technology

Dave frstbaptistchurch at wyoming.com
Sat Feb 21 21:09:40 EST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:07:06 -0600
Steve Weber <kd9bo at mac.com> wrote:
> The recent discussion about the old Omni's started me thinking.
> (doesn't happen all that much, but that's a whole 'nother subject)
>
> How does an Omni B or C stack up against the present day
> almost-but-not-quite-top-of-the-line rigs such as the Jupiter?  I'm
> not talking about bells & whistles or even what is expected in a rig
> these days such as multiple VFOs, general coverage, auto notch etc.
> Just a rig that is user friendly, has a clean signal, can dig out
> the weak ones and is low noise and easy on the ears.

I've got an Omni C and Jupiter -   love them both.....  Jupiter seems
to have just bit more noise in back ground as I receive, not much, but
a bit.
Jupiter much more touchy about RF//grounding issues on ssb,   I'm
still working on that...   so haven't done much ssb....
they're close on background noise, I like the filtering better in
Jupiter.   still, happy with both...
Dave K8BBM