[TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO

N. Kirk Pearson nkirkpearson at bresnan.net
Mon Feb 23 08:09:01 EST 2004

It is interesting that you are comparing those two radios. Just yesterday I
sat down with both of them for the same reason. I have been a fan of Icom
since they started in the U.S.. Not having the specs in front of me I can
only give you my subjective impressions. The Jupiter has a quieter receiver
than my icoms and the other fellows 746 pro2. It may be that the Jupiter was
not not as sensitive, but it did not seem that way. Signals that could
barely be copied with the icom were easy with the Jupiter. No transmissions
were made. The dsp on the Jupiter "seemed" more effective. My next radio
will be a Jupiter and it was well worth the drive to Fort Collins to see
these two at the same time. If you have a similar opportunity take it. I
know this is totaly subjective but I hope it helps. 73 KI7YY,
nkirkpearson at bresnan.net