[TenTec] OMNI VI INRAD Audio Mod

John Rippey w3uls at 3n.net
Wed Feb 25 16:11:59 EST 2004

I guess that I'm in a small minority, but I find the audio from my OMNI VI
(Opt. 3) c. 1994 to be excellent through an ICOM SP-20 speaker. Crisp,
clear communications quality. No mod needed.

The overall best audio I've heard from ham radios is from a JRC JST-245, a
Kenwood TS-870 and--dare I say it--an Argonaut V. The audio in each case is
rich, full and very good for SWLing and listening to AM broadcast stations.
But for SSB, the OMNI does very well. Go figure.

73,
John, W3ULS