[TenTec] Color of Radios

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 16:25:42 EST 2004

There's certainly no reason why a radio case could not be
completely coated in an electroluminescent material -- voltage
controlled -- say, which would give us color as a menu item.  And
certainly this could be extended to turn the radio into a sort of "mood
ring" that would sense our state of mind (perhaps through contacts
on our keyer paddles or mic switch) and adjust the color
accordingly.  The possibilities are endliess :-)

And of course, flexible, paper thin displays are coming, so we can
just wrap the case in that material, and give the radio MS clouds in
living color or whatever suits our fancy that day ... :-)

Grant/NQ5T

> Actually Pete, the name of the game these days (at least here in
> Germany) is "Case Modding".  Dunno if you guys call it that or
> not.  This is the act of designing your own front panel
> (everything ranging from colors to logos to pictures, etc.) and
> printing it on a local color printer and pasting it to your
> computer's front panel.
>
> May Ten-Tec could offer us an after-market Case Modding
software
> package ;-)
>
> (I hadn't thought about lavender pink...maybe!)
>
> 73
> Rick

Ten
> Tec could be persuaded to build a run of them in any one optional
> color chosen. Hunter green, Omni grey, lavendar pink, or you
name it.
> As they say, bread rules and those who have the bread make the
rules.
> And choose their colors.
>

> Personally - the white lettering next to the PH and CW jacks
> makes it easy to read everything I need to read by the light of
> the neon Jax Beer clock on the shack wall. So I think I will pass on
> the color option. At least until I get someplace to put another
Orion.