[TenTec] Orion side tone

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 00:47:21 EST 2004

Paul,

My Orion also had a fuzzy sidetone only in the headphones and never on the
speaker.  I found when I put on firmware verison 1.367, the sidetone was
sometimes OK in the headphones and somtimes fuzzy.  Now, with version 1.369,
I have not heard the fuzzy sidetone.  I also found when the sidetone was
fuzzy in the headphones, the SSB monitor was also distorted in the
headphones.  It is obviously a firmware bug of some kind.  Are you using
version 1.369 firmware?

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC