[TenTec] Using Orion with existing 961 PSU

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Feb 26 20:05:42 EST 2004

Tim,

No, the power connector for the Omni is different from the connector for the
Orion, however it would be a very simple thing to change the pwr supply
connector and in fact, a spare power supply connector is included in a
package of spare connectors you get with an Orion.

Sorry I can not answer your question about the filters with any certainty,
but I believe the original Ten Tec filters are will work in the Orion. (but
don't quote me on that). If I recall, the Orion's standard filters are
shielded, but the optional filters (if you buy them) look like the standard
TT line of filters. I'm just not  sure that the IF freq of the Orion is the
same as older model TT radios.

Tom/W4BQF