[TenTec] About the incivility of our posts

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Sat Feb 28 21:03:34 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 28, 2004, at 03:37 PM, Tommy wrote:

> Subject: [TenTec] Re: About the incivility of our posts
>
>> Yuri, I value your contributions and hope you'll
>> participate in the orion at contesting.com reflector if
>> you are truly leaving this reflector.
>> 73,
>> Barry N1EU
>>
> Yuri.....
>
> I agree with Barry. The technical content of your post are interesting
> and
> valuable. It is the TONE of your emails that get everybody, myself
> included,

While understand the complaint about TONE, the reference to "everybody"
isn't so.  I am one who does not have trouble with it.

> angry with you. Please realize this is a Ten Tec reflector and most
> folks
> here and a part of the Ten Tec Worshipers CULT, as you described it.
> Because

Sometimes it really seems to be that way here.  I am one of the first
members of the group, long standing Ten Tec guy (bought my first brand
new rig from the factory in 1972 as I recall, the Argonaut 505, after Al
Kahn talked me into it at a convention.)  There are some who seem to
rather quickly "defend" the Ten Tec name as if it needs defense from
criticism.  I just don't see it that way and never have.  I think
criticism is fine.  Really.  If it is gratuitous attack, well, its
noise.  If it has some substance, I am interested.  Ten Tec stands on
its own quite well.  I've seen as much gratuitous attack in support of
Ten Tec rigs as I've seen criticism.  I'd dearly love to see that end on
"our" part, I'd like to see the Ten Tec group as an open group dedicated
to interest in engineering tradeoffs rather than worrying about whether
a critic's intentions are pure.
> .Ten
> Tec, being in  the business to make a profit, can not go into
> production on
> any unit and when a self-proclaimed engineer drops nasty sounding
> emails on
> the reflector, stop, stand on their head, and do ten back-flips just to
> incorporate Yuri's suggested design changes.

While I suspect you'd like to help Ten Tec, I think they can handle
Yuri's comments just fine on their own.  Scott has done so quite well
and the business hierarchy there has my complete trust and confidence.
I certainly don't feel the need to tell Ten Tec's customers what they
can respond to (even if I think someone is being unfair).

Clark
WA3JPG