[TenTec] Jupiter VOX operation & Monitor level

Dana Luke danaluke at maine.rr.com
Wed Jan 7 07:42:59 EST 2004

Hello Everyone on the Ten-Tec list!

I'm a new Jupiter owner who has two questions... can anyone help me?

First, I have a model 705 gooseneck electret mike and I can't get VOX to
work.  There's a switch on the bottom of the mike labeled "PTT/VOX" and when
I put it in the "VOX" position and press the black button on the top side of
the base the radio functions fine in VOX mode... but the manual that came
with the mike says that this is for non-Ten-Tec rigs, for Ten-Tec rigs leave
it in the PTT position.  When I do this, it doesn't work in VOX mode.

Second... the monitor volume, even when set to 100%, is too low on my rig.
Is there an internal pot to adjust it?

Thanks to anyone who replies either on list or direct!  I'm having a ball
with the rig and really like it!

73 de Dana KA1PK

send reply to:  danaluke at maine.rr.com