[TenTec] Help !!!

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 19:44:49 EST 2004

Well, if there's a menu item to disconnect the headphones I have not found it. Which probably rules out operator error. Unless you have the cans plugged in the CW jack, as I have done a couple of times.

Since you have audio from the speaker evidently the audio circuits are working, and since you did not say otherwise I assume the speaker cuts off when you plug the cans in. If so, the jack is most likely OK. Which leaves the headphones.

Have you tried your headphones on something else? Have you tried another pair of phones on the Orion? Does your headphones have one of those mini stereo to quarter inch stereo adapters that seem to come with headphones nowadays?

I have had several of the adapters quit, and at least one set of my high end headphones have suffered "infant mortality" for no apparent reason. If another set of phones works on the Orion, your Koss' most likely won't work on something else. Before I yelled too loudly I would try another adapter.

I hope this helps, and 73

Pete Allen  AC5E