[TenTec] Orion issues

Dave Sublette k4to at arrl.net
Fri Jan 9 10:36:23 EST 2004

Good morning all,

I have been subscribed to this reflector for less than a week. I signed
up because I am the owner of an OMNI VI+ and I am contemplating the
purchase of an Orion. Just this morning I noticed two people mention in
passing that they had once owned an Orion but no longer had one.

Without trying to stir up controversy, I am curious to know the reason
that you chose to sell your Orion. I have looked at one at the Ten Tec
factory and have read the specs. I am aware that there have been mods
made to the operating system based on customer suggestions and bugs that
have been discovered. To further my education, I'd like to know why
someone would want to get rid of their Orion. I don't want to know any
personal or financial problem details. If it was for either of those
reasons, just say so and I will understand.

If I continue to have an interest in the Orion, you will be seeing a
posting for my OMNI VI+ for sale in less than six months.

Thanks and 73,

Dave, K4TO