[TenTec] Orion issues

Ron royalct at inr.net
Sat Jan 10 11:01:51 EST 2004

Goodness, what a messy scenario..............

User Interfaces; the Orion is one of the best for such a complex rig that I
have come across.  I quickly learned the Orion's interface and do not forget
were every thing is located.  Now, setting next to the Orion is my Icom
775DSP.  Talk about an interface that is not so easy to learn or remember to
exercise all of its functionalities.

Concerning what one has to do after a conversation after using the Orion's
RIT control, I don't understand why one would have to go through all the
gyrations to return the RIT back to the the original frequency.  I just tap
the RIT control to return.  Kind of like my Icom 775DSP.

Am I missing something here, or do people create unrelated scenarios just to
complain......  The Orion is one of the best interface's to learn, to
remember, and to use that I have come across in my 40 years of being a
ham......

Ron ....... NU1U