[TenTec] $$ kickbacks

Steve Weber kd9bo at mac.com
Tue Jan 13 15:12:46 EST 2004

Fellow Ten-Tec-ies,

That would explain why I practically had to BEG AES to show me the
TenTec 2591 HT alongside the oriental HTs.  The sales guy was unable
to program an Icom 02-AT even after going through the manual and then
spending a good 10 minutes of fiddling.  They "couldn't find" the
manual for the TenTec, but it was so intuitive that I had it up and
running in about the time it took them to tell me it was a piece of
... junk.

I bought the TenTec, but not from AES!

>It was widely known by dealers that the Far East mfg's offered 3-5 day
>cruises for "pushing" certain top models in the 80's, excluding Ten-Tec
>rigs at the time. These tactics prompted Ten-Tec to dissolve its dealer
>network & go factory direct.
>
>Jim, K4SQR
>
>On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:08:46 -0500 Mike Manship <w9oj at peoplepc.com>
>writes:
>>  At 07:40 PM 1/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>  >And.. the $$ kickbacks given to US dealers by the Far East
>>  >manufacturers.....
>>  >
>>  >THIS is what's "real."
>>
>>  Just what "kickbacks" are those ?
>>  Mike W9OJ

Steve Weber

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb at fcc.gov