[TenTec] OMNI VI Question, battery life

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 17:29:18 EST 2004

Looking at the maintainence records on my VI+ and two option 3's: I forgot to rotate one of my Option 3's to an operating position and left it off for nearly a year. The memories were still good but the clock had to be reset. So the data was still OK when I realized the error. But I seriously doubt that the battery will last much longer than that without going dead.

Fortunately, they are both common and inexpensive, as well as easy to change.

Congratulations on the Orion purchase, Rick. It was the best rig in the shack when it arrived in April and it's only gotten better since.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E