[TenTec] Re: D-104 wired for TT, wiring & ops suggestion

Bill Fulling w4njf at email.midflorida.com
Wed Jan 14 19:23:59 EST 2004

Hi Mark,
I use a D104 with my Jupiter,but had to do the following mods to it to get
it to fly(the D104 worked gud with my old Scout,not so hot with the Jupe).
1. If ur D104 is the unamplified type,build a FET preamp in the base of it
to match the impedeance of the xtal element in the mike(abt 1meg input).
2.Get a Heil XT-1 matching xfmr and wire it in REVERSE in this amp ckt-the
Hi Z winding is used as the load for the drain,the Lo Z winding is used to
match the input of the Jupe(or Peg in ur case).Works like a champ.
3.Any questions,yack at me off the reflector site.
73 de Bill W4NJF