[TenTec] Model 963 PS and EMC ?

Ulrich Hilsinger dh0ghu at dh0ghu.de
Thu Jan 15 22:27:10 EST 2004

Hello,

today I ordered my ORION from our (new) german TenTec distributor.
As I got some EMC problems with my switched PS from Diamond while
transmitting more than abt. 400W on 40m, I wonder if someone has ever
operated TenTec's Model 963 not too far away (guess it's around 6m in
the worst case, I have to use the WHOLE garden for antennas... ) from an
antenna fed with about 1 kW. What happens under excessive RF exposure to
this PS ? Any danger to get overvoltages or "dirt" on the DC output ?

By the way, many thanks for many hints and informations on this list
concerning the ORION which made the decision perhaps not faster but
easier..

73,
Ulrich, DH0GHU