[TenTec] Want amp

WebMail Guest k9uw at wi-net.com
Fri Jan 16 16:20:25 EST 2004

Hi Steve!

Yup, I'm interested!  Since you're so close I could even drive down and pick it up to eliminate the hassle of shipping.  I could also lay cash into your hand!

I've found ads for Centaurs running from $450 to $600, with the higher dollars going for those amps where the 811's have been replaced with 572B's and the fans have been swapped out for something quieter.  These mods seem common, at least according to the reviews on eham.net

Came across an ad today with a unit going for $650 but that included matched Taylor 572B's installed, spare matched 811's and shipping.  I called on it but the ad was 10 days old and others had beaten me to the punch.

A set of three matched Taylor 572B's go for $150 at RF Parts.  I'm not sure what shipping would be, but $30 seems reasonable.  Somewhere around $475 seems reasonable to me.  Here's the ad I found...

FOR SALE: TEN-TEC CENTAUR AMPLIFIER. Tom, in Sparks Nevada has a mint Centaur amplifier for sale. Three brand new Matched Taylor 572B tubes installed. Also includes Three matched 811A tubes as a spare. Amplifier is in "AS NEW" condition. $650.00 and that includes free shipping to any conus address.  Tom does not have internet access, so you can call him at 775-673-0223. Toms call sign is W6XF in Sparks Nevada.  Thanks for reading..... 73 K7ZY/Dale

Is she in good shape?  Is the original fan still aboard.  Do you have a manual?

Can you tell that I'm interested?

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI