[TenTec] Orion and PSK - overdriving computer

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 13:19:42 EST 2004

I am noticing double signals on PSK reception and it appears the Orion "line
out" is seriously overdriving the computer audio soundcard.  As was pointed
out to me on another reflector, Windows audio controls are not effective to
eliminate this because they act too far down the circuit -- the harmonics have
already been generated.

Unfortunately my interface has no control on that side and it appears,
neither does the Orion.  Anyone experience similar situation and how did you fix it?
 I am planning to play with a resistor inline with the audio line out.

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA